Monday, September 25, 2006

What is Pi?

So I've been considering numbers like .618 and other numbers which I think are needed to form a mathematical picture of digital evolution. The problem is how a form grows without "blurring" like a too much enlarged digital picture. You need to line up the angles, lengthen without disturbing the aligned angles and do this by increasing the number of cells. Nature does this, I believe by using the "Golden" angle and section, the logarithmic spiral and Fibonacci numbers. These are united in the formula I used to write X plus the square root of x = 1: X = .382 Its square root is .618
Today I'm changing the way I write that because I think I can relate Pi to the formula:
X squared plus X = 1 X = .618 X squared = .382
4 times the square root of X = Pi : the square root of X is .786
The advantage of this formula is that first it explains what Pi is, namely the result of the ratio between a square and a circle of the same diameter, but more important it gives a way of calculating lengths of curves plus relating curves to the Golden angle and section.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home